Textile engineering department of JDIET is established with an aim to nature the talent of students for serving textile field. Textile is one of the major sector of the world's economy and India's second largest industrial sector, which deals with the basic human need i.e. clothing material. Textile engineering finds its vast scope from the microstich in medical surgery to spacesuit used in fast growing space-research for exploring the universe. It also finds its advancement and application in every emerging technological fields.
This course deals with the study of manufacturing of yarns, woven & non-woven fabrics. This stream provides extensive job potential in its various fields such as spinning, weaving, chemical processing, non-woven, knitting, research, garment manufacturing, apparel merchandising, fashion industry, automotive industry, medical industry, textile machine manufacturing, textile designing, textile marketing, fiber manufacturing and Government Sectors etc.
The Textile engineering department in our Institute has well established and well equipped laboratories, highly qualified and experienced faculty members and well established library facility. The Institute takes every care of the students in providing them quality education. The department runs TESA (Textile Engg. Students Association), which gives an exposure to students for their overall development.
- Year of establishment - May 1996
- Admission Intake Capacity - 30
- Number of Laboratory - 08
- Well Qualified teaching staff - 08
Achievements and Highlights
- Accredited by National Board of accreditation for session 2009-11.
- Alumni of department are working /worked in 22 different countries around the world.
- Regular international exposure for Faculties & Students for undertaking Research Internship and International Conferences (Faculties and students has participated in conference at various countries viz. USA, U.K., Czhech Republic, China, Japan, Hongkong, Philipines, Poland, Thailand, Dubai etc.)
- AICTE funded MODROB of grant 8,00,000/- for Fabric Manufacturing Laboratory in 2009-10.
- AICTE funded MODROB of grant 14,44,000/- for Chemical Processing Laboratory in 2011-12.
- 75% Placement achievements from last 5 years.
- 100% University result of final year.
- Department is having collaboration with Technical University of Liberake, Czech Republic, Europe for students and faculty exchange.
- MOU with 6 leading industry and Centre of Excellence (COE) for providing industrial training, conduction of practicals, projects, sharing of manufacturing and testing facilities and sharing expertise of resource persons.
Collaboration with Industries/Institutes through Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Department is under process of MOU with Technical University of Liberake, Czech Republic, Europe for students and Faculty exchange, also for sharing teaching learning resources
Department has MOU with five industries for providing industrial training, conduction of practicals, projects, sharing of manufacturing and testing facilities and sharing expertise of resource persons.