Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
To be a centre of excellence for Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering education by creating skilled, innovative and ethical engineers for the benefit of industry and society.
M1: To provide quality engineering education through effective and compatible teaching learning methodologies.
M2: To encourage students and faculty for research and innovations by providing facilities.
M3: To facilitate students for pursuing higher education, entrepreneurial and professional career.
M4: To create a bond with alumni, industry and society for up gradation and social responsibility.
Today's era is of Information Technology in which the Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering plays a vital role. The professionals of this field will find a very good future prospectus in the Public sector, Private sector as well as in Government sector. This branch has tremendous applications such as Telephony, Telegraphy, Radio & TV broadcasting, Mobile Communication, Video Conferencing, Internet, e-mail, e-commerce, Industrial Automation, Military etc. The students holding the degree in the Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering can build up his carrier as design engineer, research and development engineer, service engineer and production engineer in the field of Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Engineering, Information Technology and many more.
The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering established in the year 1996 offers under graduate program B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. The objective of the department is to provide quality education and a strong foundation in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering in preparation to their practice as Electronics and Telecommunications Engineers. Department has well qualified and experienced faculty with areas of specialization in Embedded Systems, Digital Image Processing and VLSI Design. The Department is running the ETA club, which is forum for the students to give exposure to their facets and help them for their overall personality development through various curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Highlights and Achievements
- • Department is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for session 2009-12.
- • Qualified Faculty with average experience more than 15 Years.
- • Well equipped Laboratories that supports experimentations over and above the curriculum.
- • Department has e-Yantra-Embedded Systems & Robotics Lab Supported by eLSI-IIT Bombay.
- • Development of Industrial Automation Lab under MODROB.
- • Approved research center for pursuing Doctoral Research leading to Ph. D. of S.G.B. Amravati University, Amravati.
- • MOU with Prolific Systems and Technology Pvt. Ltd., Nagpur.
- • MOU with Raymond Uco Denim Pvt. Ltd., Yavatmal.
- • Students are placed in the companies including Infosys, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Services, Capgemini Technology Services India Ltd, Tech Mahindra Ltd, L&T Infotech Pvt Ltd, Raymond UCO Ltd. etc.
- • Departmental Alumni are spread over more than 17 countries including USA, UK, Australia, Japan, UAE, Sweden, Singapore, Germany, Malaysia, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia etc.
- • Students secured various ranks in University Merit list.
- • Paper published by faculty and students in various International /National Journals and faculty members/students participated in various International Conferences at abroad.
- • Organization of various expert lectures by renowned Industrialists and academicians, other technical activities, co-curricular and extracurricular activities in the department by Departmental club- Electronics Technocrats Association. (ETA) and IETE student forum (ISF).
- • Appreciable performance of students in Youth festival and various sports events at National/State University level.
- • Involvement of faculties /students in various social activities like blood donation, Tree plantation, Street plays and Rallies for social awareness.